10 Reasons (or more) to travel with Adventures in Italy
Dreaming of travel in Italy? Come with us as we share the treasures of this beautiful country through our Adventures in Italy – journeys of discovery. In our small group tours, we eat, breathe, touch, and feel the REAL Italy through authentic experiences designed to embrace you with the magnificent Italian culture.
We realize you have many choices for Italian travel. Adventures in Italy is unparalleled in its devoted attention to you and in its unique cultural experiences. Below are even more reasons to consider traveling with us.
1. Kristi and Bill Steiner are your hosts, with vast knowledge and experience in Italy and Orvieto. We’ve been traveling to Italy for 24 years and to Orvieto for 14. Through the years, we’ve built friendships and relationships that allow us to share experiences most travelers never get.
2. A journey of discovery: You spend a week in beautiful Orvieto in what is called “slow travel”. By staying in one place, you sink into the daily rhythm of Italy, discovering the passion of Italian living. Linger over a morning’s cappuccino, wander through tiny ancient alleyways, savor long delicious meals created from the freshest local ingredients. Discover insights into artful living and within yourself.
3. A learning vacation: Learn a new skill or deepen an existing one as you share the week with a nationally recognized teacher. Use the colors and textures, the history and architecture of Italy to inspire your creativity as you capture priceless memories of your week.
4. Food, wine and fun! Italy is synonymous with excellent food and wine and you’ll experience them non-stop in Orvieto.
5. The nuances of olive oil: Begin with a fascinating look at olive oil as you sample local selections in an afternoon of olive oil tasting. An official olive oil taster will show you how a true tasting is done.
6. A most fabulous cooking class: Make pasta from scratch with a world renowned chef as he shows you his trade secrets. Then sit with friends as your pasta dish and many others are served, accompanied by local wines. This is so much fun!
7. Explore a vineyard and taste local wines: Spend an afternoon at the exquisite Palazzone where Giovanni shares his passion for creating excellent wines. The site is beautiful, with views back to Orvieto. The original house dates to 1300 and is now a locanda (B&B.) Giovanni will introduce you to several of his wines and help you understand what it means to make wine in Italy. He loves answering your questions. You will not forget this day!
8. Shop with the locals on Market Day: The weekly market is essential to life in Orvieto. Join locals as you shop for produce picked hours before, just a few kilometers away. Here you have the chance to see Italians up close as they warmly greet each other, boisterously argue with vendors, and lovingly select seasonal flowers to adorn a table at home.
9. Retreat and renew in your restful convent B&B: San Lodovico, the convent B&B, where you stay provides, in many ways, the anchor for your visit. It is a retreat, a quiet, peaceful place, a calm presence as you go about your week. There are places to look out over the countryside, places to sit and think, places to enjoy the sun’s warmth, a garden to wander through, grand spaces to marvel at, flowers to enjoy.
The sisters are there to support us, they provide our breakfast, and they almost always give us some treat from their own hands: limoncello, tiramisu, pana cotta. Folks never want to leave this beautiful “home”.
10. Our Personal Attention: You deserve and expect it. We are committed to making your week in Italy everything you are dreaming of and more.
●► We offer detailed travel information and are available to advise you on every aspect of your trip.
●► We provide guidance on plane tickets, itineraries and travel beyond your week in Orvieto.
●► We are your travel partners to help in every travel detail.
●► Once in Italy, we ensure you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. We are your hosts, accompanying you on all cultural events and guiding you around town. Former travelers rave about the devoted attention they received from us.
●► In the unlikely event of an emergency, we are connected with local resources.
11. An Adventure of a lifetime! Travel is enthralling and enriching. Exploring a new country with its fabulous food and wine, its warm-hearted people, its ancient history and its breathtaking landscape energizes and enlivens. It is like being 10 years old again, exploring, discovering, and seeing the world with eyes wide open.
12. Because life is full of beauty, inspiration, joy, and hope, yet we see it too little. You deserve to to see it and experience it, and Orvieto helps you do so!
Isn’t it time you had a grand adventure? We’d love to have you join us!